Friday, May 4, 2018

Coffee and Cards

 Howdy - It seems like I haven't been creating lately, but I have.  I'm sharing two cards with you which I will be featuring at my Coffee and Cards on Tuesday......

Tuesday May, 8, 2018
My House - 9505 - 86 Street, Fort Saskatchewan, AB
9:00-11:00am
$6.00 for two cards
$12.00 for four cards

Regsister HERE for Coffee & Cards

The first card is a CASE from a swap card I received from Nicole Zandbergen at the On Stage in Red Deer last month.  I really liked how she popped up the whole mat with dimensionals and punched a hole to stamp into and created a shadowed sort of look.
I used Guy Greetings, which is retiring at the end of May, because I needed a couple masculine birthday cards for this month.  I am going to miss this set a bit because I like the vintage images.
To begin, I attached the mat to the base with a very small "tick" of adhesive.  Then I did the stamping with the various colours and stamps, being sure to slide a scrap piece of paper under the mat so that I did not stamp onto the base of the card.  REMEMBER when you stamp into the circle, but are protecting the base, be sure the scrap doesn't fall into the hole - you'll lose your image.
To raise the whole mat I used the Foam Adhesive Strips - they curve around circlular shapes lickity-split.  The other adhesive I used was our Tear & Tape to keep the ribbon close to the card.

This second card is also a case from the swap - from Ashley Fifer.  I think this is a fantastic way to get rid of little scraps of DSP, as well as using up scraps of cardstock.  Adding embossing is a bonus.

If you are in my area, I would love to stamp with you on Tuesday.  
That's it for now.

Thanks for stopping by
Joan


No comments: