Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What's Up?!?

Well - a post in the middle of the week - woohoo!  I've been in my stamping room most of the morning tidying, updating blogs and decided to do a challenge since I took all my examples off my board in my workshop room.  I need new examples with some of the new products from the new catalogue.  So - I participated in the Sunday Stamps sketch challenge.  I'm going to miss being a part of this design team and I thank Holly for the shout out on the blog.

For my creation I used the "What's Up" stamp set and it's co-ordinating punch.  I also cut some extra arrows using the Thinlits Label card dies.  I coloured the rhinestones with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilites marker!  Love, love, love being able to do this!

Here is the sketch!  As you can see, I chose to use arrows instead of flowers - but the sky is the limit on the shapes you can put on your card!

I haven't been doing a lot of posting, but I have not been inactive!  I spent a week creating 160 Thank You cards for a friends of Allison's who got married this past weekend.  I'm still not showing the card - since Kelsey is away right now.  As soon as I know they've opened their wedding gifts I will share a picture of the Thank You card and the card I  created for Allison to give to Kelsey.

Stay posted - I will be adding information about classes and such that I'll have planned for the fall.
Hope you have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

4 comments:

Hofkissed said...

Miss designing with you already Joan! Great card... love the black & red colour combo. Can't wait to see those thank you cards either. Thanks for playing along (it feels weird to say that!) with us at Sunday Stamps!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a fun card, Joan! I'm so glad you are still sharing your talent with us. I love your use of the bold red arrows to accent your sentiment. Thanks for all you've done to make Sunday Stamps challenge blog such a success--I'll miss working with you on the DT and wish you success in all your future crafting endeavors.
:) Marie

OttawaMom said...

160 cards?!?! Wow you've been busy! This is a great card and I love all those pops of red and fun embellishments! Great to see you joining us at Sunday Stamps, we will miss you on the DT for sure!

Kathya said...

What a fun card Joan! Really like the bling on your card. It was a pleasure designing with you as part of the Sunday Stamps DT, wishing you all the best. Will miss designing with you. Thanks for linking up your card.