Sunday, December 1, 2013

Vellum Noel

Welcome to the first day of December and a wonderful sketch from Hayley at Sunday Stamps.

I found this card quick to put together with the bits and pieces I had left over from the card camps I've been holding.  Each of the pieces from this card come from leftovers on my craft table - all I had to do was emboss the background, stamp the Noel, and cut out the poinsettia.  I've raised the square piece a bit because of the large flower.

I do like to do that sometimes - pull "scraps" off my desk or out of my drawer and use them.  Try out the sketch and let us see your creation by linking it back to the Sunday Stamps blog.  We have an array of fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.

The count down is now on - Christmas Concerts, shopping, decorating and celebrating.
Hope your December is off to a good start.
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

4 comments:

Kathya said...

Love the vellum poinsettia Joan! And you're right, the countdown is on for the Christmas Holidays events!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Your lovely vellum poinsettia is so beautiful! It appears so delicate and fragile allowing the beautiful stamping and embossing to show through. I have to remember to use vellum more often too! Thanks for the inspiration!
:) Marie

Hofkissed said...

Great card Joan. I love hoarding my scraps and try to use them often. I find using scraps a challenge in itself, so you rocked it this week.

OttawaMom said...

What a pretty card! I love that poinsettia and the your colour combo is fabulous.