Monday, November 4, 2013

Helping with the Salad

Welcome to another scrap sketch at MDS Monday.  This weeks' sketch is brought to you by Kathya.  It's clean and simple - and versatile.  
I love being able to use a series of shots for this sketch - I sat Elliot down one Sunday evening and had him help tear up the lettuce for a salad.  He got right down to business - and kept his hands flying as you can see by motion in the pictures.

I used a photobox for the DSP instead of a punch so that I could recolour the paper to co-ordinate with the photos.
I also recoloured the chevron embellishments.

Finally  - I got "fancy" and used two different colours on my title...changing where the words trailed onto the background.

Here is Kathya's sketch - I hope you have fun with it and then share it with us at the MDS Monday challenge blog so we can take a peak.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  Thanks for stopping by.
Joan


3 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

I love this.. all that texture you created on the background is perfect! And the colors really pop!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the colors to match the fun photos!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Joan, this page is too, too cute! I love the paper you've used - I always forget about this one! Great colours too. And you're right, it's never too early to get in the kitchen ;)