Monday, August 5, 2013

Undefined & Feathers

I'll share the feathers with you first - This is the second technique I will be doing at the September Technique class.....and Inkspired Divas meeting.

I created an ombre pattern on glossy paper using sponge daubers and ink as the basis for the Joseph's Coat technique.  I really love this technique and first learned it when we had the spectrum pads.
I've used the new Pretty Print embossing folder and a trio of feathers from cardstock and DSP.  I learned how to make the feathers at Convention for one of our Make and Takes.

Secondly - Last night I decided to try my hand at "Undefined".  I received a small piece at Convention, but Tracey and I never made it to the area where we could carve our own stamp at convention....I purchased the Undefined kit so I now have the tools....

First I drew out my design with a pencil on a piece of paper - I drew the outline of the size block of rubber I was carving into so I knew my boundaries.
 

This was my inspiration - I painted this on our basement wall going into our "music themed" room - which is where I hold my workshops.

Next, I rubbed my drawing onto the piece of rubber - I took the pencil and "redrew" the areas that didn't transfer clearly.

Using both tools I carved away 


Before I cut the excess rubber away, I tried the stamp out to be sure there were no extra pieces that could accidentally get inked.

I mounted the rubber onto the foam piece and then inked up the rubber to stamp the image on the block.

Finally, I stamped the image on paper......

I haven't created a card with it yet - but that will come.  I have a number of things I still have to cross off my crafting to-do list.  But I'm happy with my first stamp!

Here's Stampin'Up!'s video on the product






If you'd like to get your hands on the kit.....you can get it at my on-line store by clicking the "Shop Now" link on the left sidebar.

Today has been fairly productive so far - Hope you are having successes in your day too.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

1 comment:

beth rush said...

love how you carved this Joan!! I have making my own stamp on my to do list for next week. hope it turns out as good. yours is fab!!