Monday, June 3, 2013

A World to Discover

Hi everyone - it's my turn for the sketch challenge over at MDS Monday.  I've decided to challenge myself this week - to try to keep the background of my page as "clean" as possible.  I always want to fill every space with colour, texture, embellishments....so I decided to step outside my comfort zone and try my best to keep it simple.  The additional challenge this week was to add text to a shape.

HERE is the tutorial on how to add text to a shape.


          

And here is the sketch for this week.....  I hope you have fun with it - remember to link your creation back to the MDS Monday blog so we can see what you've designed!


Thanks for stopping by!  Hope your Monday is Marvelous!
Joan



4 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun challenge, Joan! I really enjoyed it, and the page came together so easily.

What a fun page you created... love the primary colors, even in the splatter!

canadian_liner said...

Thanks for your comment on my Sunday Stamps posting, Joan. LOVE your minimalist lay-out, here! I'm in the same boat as you, typically love to cram as much goodness into a lay-out as possible. However, the less-is-more approach really works! Your eye is drawn to that gorgeous photo. Thanks for the "toot" on "populating a shaped text box"--chuckled at that term.

beth rush said...

thanks for the challenge Joan! I loved adding the text to my punch shape, that's such a fun feature and I forget to use it! Your page turned out really cute too, love the splatters!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Great page, Joan! I love the clean yet 'grungy' look. I love all the fun colours and that sweet picture. Thanks for a fun challenge this week :)