Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thanks a Ton!

Yipee - it's Hump Day!
Yipee - I'm going out for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook!
Yipee - Life is good.

Wow - don't know where that came from, but we'll go with it.
Today's card uses the colours from yesterday's Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge. And, since I'm getting ready for my May Technique classes - I decided to use the colour scheme while planning one of the cards.
We're going to be doing the Bubble Blowing Background technique - and I thought it worked perfectly with this little whale.
I blew the bubbles using the Island Indigo - although they are a bit muted, and I decided that our little whale needed some swimming company, so I die cut a bunch of his friends.  Pretty quick and easy - and the technique is so much fun.


The class will be on Friday, May 5.
If you're not on my mailing list, e-mail me and I can add you can join in the fun.
And here's some more fun.....


Our new Dolled-Up Birthday Kit came out yesterday.  I like this one!  It was created by Chris Gilmore from Coshocton, Ohio.

The Dolled-Up Birthday kit includes the following:
  • Dolled-Up Birthday Photopolymer Stamp (1)
  • 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Crumb Cake Cardstock (6 pieces)
  • 2" x 4-1/4" Very Vanilla Cardstock (6 pieces)
  • Very Vanilla Medium Envelopes (6)
  • Tea Lace Paper Doilies (6)
  • Dress Up die-cuts (6)
  • Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Spot (1)
  • Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim (6 pieces)
  • Sponge Dauber (1)
Get everything you need to make six cards for only $17.95 (item 133913)!*

To assemble one card, follow the instructions below:
  1. Place the stamp on clear-mount block D o H rubber side up and ink with the Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Spot.
  2. Stamp "Happy Birthday" at the bottom of the card front.
  3. Ink the Sponge Dauber with Soft Suede ink and gently antique the doily and the edges of the dress form.
  4. Adhere the pieces to the card front in this order:
    • Doily
    • Very Vanilla Cardstock
    • Dress form
    • Flower
*Adhesive not included

You can purchase the kit through my on-line store - or contact me and I can order it for you.

Hope you have a "Yippee" sort of day.  Thanks for dropping by.
Joan


1 comment:

Kathya said...

We must be on the same wave length Joan, I used this stamp set for my entry as well, lol. Very cute, love the little fishes. Haven't tried the blowing bubbles technique yet, but it does go perfect with the card. Fun!