Saturday, February 2, 2013

Butterflies and Posies


I can't seem to get the reds to photo properly - or to edit them properly either for that matter...the colour I've used is Raspberry Ripple.  I've created this mashup of a card for the Friday Mashup this week.  My initial intention was to create a card using the Faux Linen technique because that is the second technique we will be doing at the February 15th class.  Here are the parameters for the Friday Mashup....

  1. Make a project with the colors "Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight & Old Olive".
  2. Or Make a project "Creating your own Sentiment (No Stamps, Stickers, Chipboard etc.).
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "With your own Sentiment using the Colors above"
I've sort of gone outside my "style" and comfort zone with this card using bits and pieces to create a sort of collage.  I've pulled the little "cupcake" holders from the Pop-up Posies Kit, sponged them with Daffodil Delight, scrunched them AND cut them to get them so be something I'm happy with.  I've also taken one of the Vanilla Fabric Brads from that kit and tapped it in the Old Olive ink to change its colour.

The sketch for the card is from Freshly Made Sketches - The sketch was quite simple with the element of a tag required and then a coordinating element to go with it.

I haven't done nearly enough doodling lately - could have gone a lot further on that little tag, but I controlled myself.  So - I'll share another altered page with you - one from a while ago though....
                           

Have a super Saturday - Thanks for taking the time to visit.
Joan






6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that bright bold flower! Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Tui Nathan said...

What a wonderful creation ... Love your detailing and pretty embellishments!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made sketches!

Heidi Baks said...

Love your sentiment! Hard to see, but I love the idea of doodling on your tag, esp. when you are able to create doodles like the one in your altered page! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week, Joan.

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card Joan! Love the colours!!! That flower is beautiful!!! Love the butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa said...

Fantastic card Joan! I lvoe how you used the colors and the sentiment is adorable, so pretty!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Lili said...

Beautiful card Joan! Love the flower and all the details in your card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!