Saturday, February 9, 2013

Busy Week

Wow - it has been a very busy, productive, fantastic week - sorry I didn't get anything posted between last Sunday and now.  I was frantically prepping to get ready for the North Central Teachers' Convention this past Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday night I had finally gotten everything created, and packed and used my toboggan to help haul everything to the car in one-fell-swoop.  (Toboggans are wonderful things)  Sorry the photo is blurry!
Wednesday afternoon was spent setting up the booth... I had created this banner Monday and Tuesday....it says  "We can go way beyond just cards!".....'cause we can!

I'm happy to say that I got rid of a lot of my retired stamp sets, and quite a number of my cards got sold also!  I had tons of teacher's coming by and it was fantastic to see old friends I hadn't seen in a while, and current colleagues that I don't get to see very often.  It was fun working with Colette and Allison in the booth too.
Wednesday evening I snapped the view out of the hotel window - I love reflections in buildings!
Thursday and....
Friday were beautiful mornings!  
I had a fantastic time, and today I'm working on some creative deadlines, unpacking and cleaning, and then gearing up for the next event - this Friday!

To leave you with something creative - this is an 8X8 piece that I created pretty much exactly from the tutorial from the "Spring Edition 2013" from Create with Connie and Mary.  I used different paper for the bird, and the stamps I added are different, but everything else is the same.  The instructions were wonderful and I got lots of compliments on it at Convention.  I thank Connie, Mary and the rest of their Design Team for the inspiration they provide in their Tutorials.

Off to get more things crossed off my "To Do" list.  Thanks for stopping by - Have a Great Day.
Joan



4 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

WOW Joan your canvas is gorgeous. I love how intense your colors are and your stamping shows much better than mine. Awesome job and thanks for letting me know to come and visit your blog.

Mary Brown said...

Oh Joan...this is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE it!

Connie Babbert said...

So lovely...great intense colors! I need to make one for my studio!!! Love it!

Melissa Davies said...

Beautiful! I need to make one for me, too!