Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Stamps Spider


Woo Hoo - It's sketch day at Sunday Stamps and Tara has a fabulous one for us this week.  She's told us to not be afraid to think outside the box - and I guess that's what I did.  I had just finished putting together the Spook-tacular Halloween Printer's Tray Kit and decided to use left over pieces to create this week's card.

The glittery spider web and the chevron piece are from the kit.  I created a smaller spider using the new 1 1/4 inch scallop punch.  He's a little less "in your face" than the spider I made last year.

Give the sketch a whirl - there are so many creative possibilities with it!  If you need some extra inspiration, pop over to Sunday Stamps to see what the rest of the design team came up with.  Once you've finished your project, don't forget to link your creation to the challenge blog.  You may get selected as a guest designer.

Here is my Printer's Tray.  I followed the instruction exactly - EXCEPT for the section with the flying witch.  The original design had a photo in it - but I decided to see what Michelle Zindorf has been doing, and copied her tutorial.


I'm very excited today, because my son is finally back from Cupertino - now an Apple Genius - and we get to resume our Family Sunday Dinners.  We did have one while he was away - but I missed two while Elliot and his mom were out of town.  Three weeks without seeing a little one is a lot!  I'll be having my camera out for sure.

Hope your day holds something special for you.  I look forward to seeing what you create for Sunday Stamps!  Thanks for stopping by!
Joan



2 comments:

Monica Hornof said...

I love your painter's tray, it looks fantastic! And the spider on the card, too cute!

Hayley Kew said...

Okay that spider card is SUPER CUTE!!! My goodness the work the web would have taken and the spider is fantastic. Love it :)