Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ABC123

I have two challenges included in this card today - the sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches and the the Back to School theme is from Stampin' Royalty.
The letters are chipboard.  I have used chipboard on three projects in a row....as you'll see below.  And let me tell you - inking chipboard with our new ink pads ROCKS!  All I had to do is press them into the pad one time - even with the yellow.  And they dried quickly too.   Maybe I'll finally get around to using up all the chipboard pieces I have....or at least some!

This is the layout and colours for Day 27 of 31 Pages in 31 Days.  I wasn't sure what picture I was going to use - but I took time last week to get a bunch of old pictures enlarged, so decided on this group  of high school buddies hamming it up outside the Field Museum in Chicago before going in to see the King Tut Exhibit.  Yeup - I'm the red head standing on the right.
For the "tag" with the writing, I used MDS2.

When I saw the colours and theme for Day 28's layout from 31 Pages in 31 Days, I knew exactly which pictures I was going to use.
Lyssa used tin foil glued to cardstock to create the embossed piece under the car.  Oh - and that was the only car I had and it was on MDS2.  Lyssa had a cool little race car!  Anyway, for the embossed section I used some "heat tape" for taping ducts.  I stuck it onto the cardstock and embossed it.  Very shiny!

I've been to school already today - so I'm ready for the meetings to begin tomorrow.  I'm now off to finish some MDS2 assignments and get Day 29 done!  It really is going to be hard to go back to school.
Hope your Hump Day has been a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'd forgotten all about the chipboard in my drawer. Thanks for the creative reminder! And I'm glad to know that they ink well with the new pads. Have to try that.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Joan! I love those letters/numbers! Great job using all those different polka dot papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Love this card Joan .... so bright and happy!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is such a fun card - I just love it!! I have some of those letter too - thanks for the tip on coloring them with the new SU ink pads - must try that!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Joan! I love these bright colors! Great tip! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

Georgeann Manning said...

Wow, Joan!! So seriously cute!! Love the card, and the scrapbook pages! the colors are super fun! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

savvy teaching tips said...

Beautiful - perfect for Back To School. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.