Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ballooning Thanks



When I lived in Edmonton, during the summer, you'd see the hot air balloons rising from the river valley.  I don't know if I'd ever have the guts to ride in one - but there is something so peaceful about them floating through the air.

This isn't one of the new sets I got yesterday, but it is new to me and it worked best with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches today.  I did use one of the "Itty Bitty Banners" with its matching Framelit.

I took the colours from the inspiration photo at Stampin' Royalty.  The photo was of  bright beautiful flowers, which I've transferred to the balloons.  I've used a piece of upcoming DSP called "Comfort Cafe" and the Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon is new too.

I do like when I have my morning off from school - I can get the challenge of the day done, and putter around a bit with Stampin' stuff.  When I get home this afternoon I'm going to have to start getting to work on some masks for my concert.  Busy, busy, busy.

Hope you have a marvellous day - thanks for visiting.
Joan

4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Oh, it looks like a balloon race first lifting off! I love it! That new framelit is so great too! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Erna Logtenberg said...

very pretty card!! love the balloons!!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

I love this card Joan!! The baloons are great!! Thanks for sharing. Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Rita W said...

Great card, Joan! I love the balloons; you did a great job masking on those! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!