Monday, March 19, 2012

Beads and Blues

Oh how I loved this set!  My daughter asked me to create a card for a friend of hers who turned 21 on the weekend - Allison was pinched for time and I was glad to be able to help her.  The specifications were purple and glitter.  We both agreed that this dress was perfect too.  After that I had free rein.  

I always loved putting microbeads on this dress.....so that's what I did.  I coloured it with Elegant Eggplant, applied Crystal Effects and then added the Microbeads.  The background is done with the Baroque Motif image with Versa Mark and Irridescent Ice was added to give it the subtle bling.  The final bit of bling is the little rhinestone of the dot of the I.  Allison was happy with what I came up with. 

I actually have another dress made up with silver microbeads......waiting for something to use that one for now.


This is one of the cards we do at my in-home workshops.  Quick, easy, and I love this blue.  To be honest...as the workshops continue, the sketch will stay the same, but the colours will change because I'm using pieces that are left over from my Teacher's Convention make-and-takes.

That's it for today.  I'm planning on doing a challenge when I get home from school today...wooohooo!!

Hope you have a Marvelous Monday!  I'm looking forward to mine. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Joan

No comments: