Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Clipboard Diversion

I am SUPPOSE to be getting my stuff together and packed for another Teacher's Convention.....but what did I get side-tracked into doing yesterday afternoon????? - decorating the clipboards I use for people to sign up for classes.

I have never done anything like this before - and you can sort of tell.  The Baroque Motif board on the side was my first one - done with black Staz-On.  I added the black velvet piece from Mocha Morning - so seriously - velvet on a clipboard - a bit over the top!

Next, I put dragonflies only along the edge of the second board and added a piece of dotted paper from the Playful Polkadots Simply Scrappin Kit, and I used three different kinds of ribbon. Far simpler than the first attempt.

Finally, I used Inspired by Nature with Soft Suede and Early Espresso Ink.  The butterfly from "Nature's Nest" is fluttering around the edge and the clip is covered with a piece from Attic Boutique.  I also punched out some butterflies with the Big Shot and added pearl bodies to the ones at the top of the board.

For all three boards I used the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to make the paper stick to the clip, and the board in the case of the butterflies.

All in all a productive afternoon - not just quite what I expected.

Hope your day is productive today - Thanks for stopping for a visit.

Joan

No comments: