Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mojo Happiness

 I actually started this Mojo MONDAY card on Tuesday and finally got around to finishing it on Thursday - life just sometimes gets in the way of creating.  However, a lot got done in those two days - Tuesday was spent shopping with my daughter and Wednesday began with cleaning and ended up being a major purge of "stuff" - so that was a day very well spent!  So, today I have vowed to work in my stamp room most of the day....we'll see how that goes.

So - The sketch for the card above is from Mojo Monday - I changed that layering a wee big because the doily was initially showing under the ribbon - I guess it wouldn't have mattered once I put the flower on.

The colours are from Hand Stamped Sentiments - a yummy vanilla cupcake with "Pool Party" icing and a silver candy bead on top.  I used the pen from the "Rue Des Fleurs" set in the Occasions Mini; inking the florish with silver ink and the pen with black.

I'm getting ready for an Occasions Mini Open House on Saturday and since life has been busy, I've turned to casing some cards using the new sets.  Below are two that I cased from Sharon Field at Created by You.  I've changed colours, images or imbellishments somewhat - I like how she took the centre thread out of the quilted ribbon to use it on the tag below and I also like how she just highlighted parts of the umbrella.

That's it for now - I'm off to my room - looking forward to a great day!  Hope yours is full of productivity too.  Thanks for visiting - Joan

5 comments:

LeroyLime said...

such a lovely color combo on your card and lovin' the pen stamp too! Thanks for playing along this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments and have fun purging...always fun in the new year!

Anonymous said...

I love the pop of yellow on your card. It make me yearn for spring. You combined all the elements beautifully! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Happy New Year!

inkedx2 said...

Love that background paper! Very cute flower images. Thanks for playing with us again this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

The yellow really pops in this color combo! Love the layers and details. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I love the background you chose! Very pretty card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!