Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blushes and Banners

I'm gearing up for an upcoming Extravaganza with our extended Stampin'Up! Team next weekend.  I'm going to be doing a demonstration using the new Blushing Bride Smooch Spritz and I'm taking the ideas right out of the January Stampin' Success Magazine.  

For the card above, which uses the sketch from Stamping 411 (positioned horizontally), I've used the Smooch by spritzing it right onto the rubber stamp image and then stamping it.  You have to spray lightly or stamp lightly otherwise the image is fuzzy; and the areas where there is more of the spray glistens very nicely.


Next I'm sharing a Valentines banner I created using a tutorial from Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition 2012.  Check out their website if you're interested in getting a whole whack of fantastic creative ideas with products from the Occasions Mini and the SAB mini!

I had to change some of the things on my banner because I didn't have the same supplies as were used in the tutorial, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  I also added a central heart to the banner, just to make it a bit longer.



As I sit in my stamping room in the basement this afternoon, I can hear the water on the road in front of the house as the cars drive by.  Very bizarre for January 29 in Northern Alberta!  Hope it doesn't rain like it's expected to later!  However, precipitation is precipitation - and the farmers will be needing it!!!

Hope you are having a great end to your weekend.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit.
Joan

2 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word Joan...you did an absolutely FABULOUS job with Elizabeth's tutorial on Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition 2012! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Elizabeth Price said...

This is a WOWZER and show stopper. I love the use of the doily and the added center heart. I am so glad you shared your banner with us at CCMC Occasions Edition. Smiles, Elizabeth