Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gratitude Tea

Just a quick post before I run out the door to head to the city for our team meeting - well, and to be honest - browsing around one of the shopping centres first.

I used today's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches along with the colours from Stampin' Royalty: So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant.

For the main matt - I rolled More Mustard onto the Striped Embossing Folder with a brayer before putting the Saffron paper in to emboss it; so the Mustard is embedded in the "lower" stripes.  The teacup was done on watercolour paper and I had to do two to get one I liked.  Fancy teacups always remind me of my Grandma and going to the back lane neighbors for tea when I was a little girl.  I do remember proper tea parties too - I just don't recall what the "real" purpose of them were.    I do remember being dressed up and offering around the plate of goodies to the guests.  Good Times!  Good Memories!

And I'm off .... to more good times with Stampin' Friends - hope your day is enjoyable too!  Thanks for stopping by!
 Joan

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love those inked stripes - beautiful effect! Pretty card - love that lace bow!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh, this is great ... love the coloured embossed background and that teacup is gorgeous ... love the colours!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great coloring on the stripes. I must remember that trick! Nice coloring on the stamped image. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

I love the stripes inked up like that, Joan. I keep seeing that done, but I'm not sure I get along well enough with my brayer to try it. :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

I, too, love the addition of color to the stripes. What an extra wow. Your card is wonderful! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jenn Picard said...

Love how you created the back layer with the embossing folder and beautiful colouring of the tea cup. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Roaylty

Lesley said...

How pretty Joan! Just my cup of tea! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

I love that color combo, very pretty. I like the defined striping that you created with the embossing folder, too. Very well done. Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!