Thursday, September 1, 2011

Floral Filler Butterflies

It's amazing what you discover when you use something properly!  I have used this Fancy Fan Letterpress plate a couple of times on previous cards, but I neglected to put in the impressions pad.  I'm not sure why I thought of it today, but image my surprise when I ended up with a totally different result!  Duh! The areas without ink are raised ever so slightly.  I had liked the effect I was getting before - so now I have options.

Today's colours are from Create with Connie and Mary.  I wasn't sure what direction I was going to go in with this combo; there are so many possibilities.  The colours are Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, and Pumpkin Pie.  I saw Halloween, Fall, last take at Summer - totally cool combo!

Initially when I embossed these glossy butterflies with the Floral Fillers I thought I'd swirl each of the colours on them as we do with the embossing resist technique; but I opted for leaving each level it's own colour and like how it turned out.  The little banner is cut from the Petal Cone die.  I distressed the paper fibers by pulling the Bone Folder over it like you do to curl ribbon.  That made it easier to "billow" across the bottom.

I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already - this week has gone by quickly - amazing what going back to work does to time!  Be sure to check back tomorrow - I've been keeping a secret and am so excited I can finally tell tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by today - Hope your September is off to a great start!
Joan

8 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous!! I love the richness of the letterpress plate! And your butterflies are so elegant! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to use this plate but thanks for the inspiration of how GREAT it can look...I love this!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh that letterpress such makes an elegant background! Gorgeous card Joan! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

So much detail in this one, Joan. Love the butterflies and that background is lovely. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week!

Lisa Martz said...

The butterflies are really pretty layered over each other like this. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty to use the lattice die behind the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Love the look of the lattice on top of the fan plate! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

What a great way to display our BigShot Machine. Look at all the Dies you used on this card! Fantastic! Thanks for playing CCMC!