Sunday, August 21, 2011

Holiday Extremes


What a productive day - and as I said - holiday extremes:
For this weeks' Paper Players there was a Clean and Simple Sketch.  Thought I would pull out my "Pick Your Poison" DSP and see what happened.  For the "light" inside of the pumpkin I coloured the sections with Daffodil Delight and then covered them with the Dassling Detail - just added a wee bit of sparkle.  I'm going to keep this sketch in mind for workshops this year - those three little sections could be filled with virtually anything!  Love it!


These are the Christmas Tags and the tin I created last week.  I'll be offering this whole thing as a class this fall.  I took the container on page 19 in the upcoming Holiday Mini as inspiration for covering my tin.  Ya gotta love how embossed paper no longer looks like paper - especially after you distress it a bit also.

Finally,  I created this scrapbook spread this afternoon....again, in preparation for classes this fall.  I love how preparing for SU events helps me to get my own scrapbooking done.  Allison and a friend spent an afternoon in the park last fall taking pictures of each other.  Since "I" rarely get pictures of her,  I'm glad to get them from other people!  Gotta love Facebook for that.

So, I'm going to relax for the rest of the evening - maybe finish my book.  I hope you have had a productive weekend - in whatever area of your life that needed "production".  Thanks for taking time to stop by!
Joan

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous projects, Joan! I love the Pick Your Poison card. You did a great job with the sketch. However, your tag tin is so clever and creative! The use of the brads give the illusion of an old shaker box. Great job!

LeAnne said...

Joan, I am so thrilled you chose a Halloween theme for my sketch! It's wonderful! I hope you do use it for future cards! That just makes me smile! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Lesley said...

Wow Joan! You have been busy today!! Love that fun Halloween card!! Really cute and the scrapbook page is gorgeous! Only 2 weeks left...argh...so much to DO!!So happy you joined us at the Paper Players.
Hugs,
Lesley

Lauri said...

All of your projects are great!! But I really like your take on the sketch this week using Pick your Poison! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

None None said...

Love how you colored in the pumpkin and slightly overlaid the circles on top of each other. The card looks great. And I love that card tin as well!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Wow! You have been very busy, Joan! I love what you have done with LeAnnes sketch and agree that it's a perfect sketch to use for workshops. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Carrie Gaskin said...

You've done some great things with your holiday themed projects Joan! I love your take on the PP sketch this week - thank you so much for playing along!

Nance Leedy said...

Wowzers, you've been buys Joan! Gorgeous holiday projects--the scrapbook layout looks beautiful but I adore your poison card for the Players! Love that paper with the dark and dreary set! So glad you play along with us at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Joan, you are one busy gal, indeed! Love your spook-tack-u-lar Halloween card. Looks great paired with the papers. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)