Thursday, June 9, 2011

New Ribbon Flower Variety

Well - I found a new way to make a flower with ribbon in order to complete the challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks this week. I was intrigued by Lori Turner's(Inkingly Yours) flower (one of the 4Crafty Chicks Design Team members - and fellow Colour Dare Team Member) She got the instructions for her flower from Dawn Olchefske's tutorial HERE. The instructions were excellent, easy and creating the flower was sort of magical - just like embossing powder!

(Oh - just one point - do make sure you follow Dawn's steps - I watched the video and then went to make the flower "remembering" the steps. TAKE THE RED LAYER OFF THE STICKY STRIP TO ATTACH THE RIBBON - if you don't you'll find that it melts while you're heating the ribbon. It doesn't ruin the flower - just gives you a reason to laugh at yourself!!!!!)

I thought I'd take a chance and see what happens stamping the sentiment on the ribbon - I used StazOn - and am glad it didn't bleed through the fibers.

Hope you are having a fabulous day - Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Joan!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job on the challenge! Very pretty...love the colors!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I might try this since laffing at myself is what I do best....after crafting. Very lovely, delicate ribbon flower.

Lori Turner said...

Hey Joan!! Thanks for checkin' out the tutorial I did for our 4 Crafty Chicks challenge this week! Wasn't it FUN?! Your card is beautiful and so is the flower - easy peesy!!! And you are right, MAGICAL! :)