Friday, June 10, 2011

B&W Get Well


I'm not so sure how "cheery" a black and white get well card is - but it does have bling and butterflies! And I just HAD to make another one of those heated satin flowers. I only have three colours of Satin ribbon - I can see that increasing in the near future!

I've also used the new Lace Ribbon Border Punch that I got in my package of goodies yesterday. Gonna have fun this weekend!!!! (Guess I better think a little bit about report cards though since they'll be due soon)

Today's card comes courtesy of three challenges - Over at Just Add Ink they are looking for Black and White cards and Stamping 411 has this Clean and Simple Sketch (although the two flying butterflies are "extra".) It also meets half of The Friday Mashup - which is a Get Well card.

I hope all is well your way - and thanks for stopping by!
Joan

18 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! wow, just lovely. Can't wait for that punch to come our way. Love the beautiful flower and the B and W butterflies.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is stunning.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Joan, this is absolutely beautiful! Love your details! Thaks so much for plying with us at the Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

This is so pretty! Love that satin flolwer with the new lace punch trim. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

This is a great get-well card Joan. That satin flower is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

hollybeary creations said...

I think this color scheme makes a great Get Well card and you could make multiples and use them for other sentiments as well.. Great layout too! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Selene Kempton said...

I think this is gorgeous!!! :D

Kerin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerin said...

LOVE your satin flower! I haven't seen that trick before, I'm going to need to check that out asap!

Marlene said...

Pretty! Lovin' that border punch!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

HI, love your get well card, that flower is awesome. So glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup. Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Glenda J said...

Joan - this is absolutely perfect. Love everything about it!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great combination of these three challenges. I love the crisp and clean nature of this card. Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Love how you've made that flower and the punch is fab!

Great entry for JAI this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

A beautiful card and very scrummy flower, thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE the border punch with that flower. Gorgeous B&W card!

gbarron56 said...

Love that new punch and the contrast with the black and white is AMAZING! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

The black and white effect is stunning!!! I LOVE your heated satin flower too!