Saturday, May 14, 2011

Awash with Orange


Thought I would give this stamp set another try. Thursday night I came across a blog with this technique and for the life of me I couldn't find it again today. It used the Shimmer Paint - I used the Champagne because it was the only colour I had, but on the explanation she used Pearl - to give it the Faux Pearl look. On Beate Johns tutorial HERE she used white acrylic paint. I think I have a few too many globs of shimmer paint - I will try this technique again though.

Thanks to Kerin, I found the tutorial for this technique - which I had seen on Thursday - over at Stamping 411 - so HERE is the tutorial they have. Both 411's and Beate's are easy to follow. Give it a try.

The sketch today is from Stamping 411 and the colours are from Raise the Bar - {Green} Apples and Oranges.

Hope you're having a productive Saturday - we've got wind back here again - makes it a bit difficult to get things done outside.

Have a great day - and thanks for dropping by for a visit. Joan

Stamp Set - Awash with Flowers, Inspired by Nature Paper - Peach Parfait, In-Colour Patterns DSP, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Glossy White Ink - Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Peach Parfait, Old Olive Accessories - Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon, Basic Pearls (coloured with black Sharpie), Champagne Shimmer Paint, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot

12 comments:

gbarron56 said...

I think your flowers turned out beautifully -- very creative and very smart to substitute what you have! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Sonia G said...

This is a great card. I am not an orange person... but you've managed to not make it offensive to me...lol!
Love your little bits hiding on the side... they remind me of the inside of an orange, if cut in half... very clever!
Cheers
Sonia

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY~~

Kerin said...

That's our Technique Thursday tutorial on Stamping 411!! It disappeared for a bit because of blogger issues, so that's probably why you couldn't find it again. It's there now though :) Your flowers are beautiful!!

jjcreations said...

Yeah, I'm not losing my mind!!!! Thanks Kerin.

Selene Kempton said...

This is fantastic! I really love the colors and your technique just rocks! Beautiful job!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! That technique created so much depth in the flowers! I love the punches along the side, too!

Marlene said...

Very neato-technique-o! (And besides purple, I love orange, too!)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

How uniquely different and beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

Joan, these flowers are just stunning!!~ I just love the colours.

Patti Chesky said...

Love your funky flowers! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

~*Joni said...

Oh Joan this came out so pretty! I think your substitution worked really well, the colors are just beautiful together with the image. Thank you so much for joining in on our Raise The Bar "Apples & Oranges" challenge this week.
~*Joni RTB DT