Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sock Monkey in the Flowers



I'm pretty sure that if Sock Monkey didn't insist on coming out to play today, I wouldn't have taken so long to get this card put together. I had to walk away from it for a while!

The sketch is this week's challenge from Stampin' Royalty. I was surprised and honored to have my Sailboat Imagining picked as one of three "Stampin' Royalty Goddess Picks". Thank you Ladies!

Sock Monkey was coloured and cut out before I put her through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Gives her a bit of texture that I may use again.

Tomorrow is the last school day of the week - the kids got off easy this week with only three days because of Easter Monday and our "Professional Development" day on Friday. Then there's another Extravaganza on Saturday - Wooooo Hooo!!!!! Livin' for the weekend.

Hope you have good plans on the horizon of your week - thanks for stopping by! Joan

3 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I love the embossing pattern you used on the monkey!

Marlene said...

Sock monkeys rule! This is adorable!

savvy teaching tips said...

Y'know I'm not a big fan of that ol' sock monkey, but for some reason, the texture makes him more appealing. Very cute card. Thanks for joining us again at SR.