Monday, November 29, 2010

Glittery Decorations

Today I'm sharing some cards I created a couple of weeks ago experimenting with glitter and clear packing tape. We had a demonstration at a team meeting creating a "snowglobe" using this same technique, I just decided to try something different.

To create the glittery ornament:
Cut your cardstock to the size you need for the punch you're going to be using. (I can see myself doing this with the large heart punch, and the butterfly punch in the spring)
Punch the paper and add inked images around the outside if you wish.
On the BACKSIDE of the punched paper lay down a piece of clear packing tape so that the sticky side is facing the FRONT of the card.
Lay the whole piece down in a tray of glitter and press so that you get a good layer of glitter. It's so easy!

For the Rich Razzleberry ornament I added some of our new pearls - I love that we have little strings of pearls we can manipulate. I actually ended up securing them with TomBow glue so that they wouldn't pop off. The crinkley ribbon is added on top of a piece of sticky strip.

For the Old Olive ornament, I added little dots of Champagne Glass Glitter....I'm so glad this is being continued in the upcoming Mini! I also added the glass glitter along the top of the scalloped edge. This card is my "last" Christmas card of the season for my Dec 7th Technique
Tuesday class.

I'm sure I'll make a few more Christmas cards yet, but I'm looking forward to looking to new occasions in card making.

Hope you're having a marvelous Monday - Thanks for stopping by! - Joan

Razzleberry Ornament Card
Stamp Set - Vintage Vogue
Paper - Whisper White, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet & Sour Specialty DSP, Presto Patterns Specialty DSP
Ink - Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Other - Rich Razzleberry Taffeta Ribbon, Ornament Punch, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Basic Pearls, Sticky Strip, TomBow Glue, Sponge Daubers


Old Olive Ornament Card
Stamp Set - Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper - Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Jolly Holiday DSP
Ink - Basic Black
Other - Ornament Punch, Fine Supernova Glitter, Champagne Glass Glitter, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, TomBow Glue, Dimensionals

No comments: