Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wow, the month is coming to a close quickly....unbelievable!
Our last Colour Dare for October is: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy and Old Olive.

To be honest I struggled a bit with the combo because the Daffodil Delight is so bright. It sort of reminded me of someone's school colours. But I solved my dilemma by adding just a wee scallop of Daffodil along the edge. I love how this card turned out and it's much richer looking in person.

I can't remember what the technique is called...but to get the ink inside the circular section I added ink directly to the embossing folder and then put it through the Big Shot.

Here are the links to the other members of the Design Team....be sure you check out what they came up with this week. And when posting on Splitcoast and such, remember to label your creation CD82.....and link it back to the Colour Dare from your blog too!!! We'd love to see what you've created.


Thanks for stopping by - Joan

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Such a pretty card...and yes, can you believe it? Monday is November already! *gasp*

Marisa said...

Great embossing folder you used on the green and I love the focal image.

Stef H said...

it must have taken hours to cut that ribbon!!!!! this is stunning! well how the heck are ya? i know! i've been bad. hope you are well.

hugs :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fantastic! Your little hit of yellow is perfect!