Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flowers and Drummers

More VSN work -
For this Rose and Kiwi card we had to include a paper flower - preferably a paper rose. Luckily I had a couple on my desk ready for another project that I'm working on. I'll have to make another one now - but that's okay. This dress is from Sugar Creek Hollow and I'm finally using up some ancient DSP.






I was happy to be able to finally use these orange flowers that I picked up...the only challenge for this card was to include flowers on it. I'm happy with the way it turned out and I was finally able to use this stamp set that has some awesome sayings about women.

Finally - another boring update about Grant. He called yesterday afternoon to let us know that the band would be playing that night - another band had cancelled and they were called. He practiced in the afternoon and and WOW did he nail it. It didn't even sound like he was one-armed. I think this photo is cool because his arm is moving so fast you can still see the design on his shirt - through his arm.


Gotta head out - thanks for stopping by! Joan

8 comments:

Beate said...

Beautiful cards, Joan! I am glad your son can even play the drums one armed! That is pretty cool.
Happy Memorial day!
Hugs and smiles

Maria Matter said...

fab cards Joan! I love that little dress!!!

your son is awesome to be playing with one arm...and cool how the image is showing on his arm!
Enjoy your holiday!!
Blessings!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh BEAUTIFUL Joan.

Deb said...

Beautiful cards Joan,love the dress!! Also, love the picture of your son playing "one armed" ~ the design through his arm looks cool!! Glad he's feeling well enough to play :)

Cassie said...

they turned out great! i love the orange on the one and of course that first one --- that dress is dah-rling in polka dots!

Denise Marzec said...

OH my gosh, I love that sweet dress on the first one. Adorable!

Sharon said...

I love the card with the little dress. It's adorable!!

Kathy Jones said...

Awesome cards Joan!!! That's awesome that your son is doing so well, even one armed!!!! :)