Monday, April 19, 2010

Faux Metal & Flowers

Just a quick post this morning as I head out the door....

I didn't get any stamping done yesterday. Allison and I watched two movies and while doing so I cut out paper for my card camp this weekend. And I have most of my swaps put together.

This card was one of the ones that we made at our monthly team event at the beginning of April. I've done the Faux Metal technique before, but being able to emboss it through the Big Shot adds a whole lot of fun!!!

HERE is a tutorial by Beate Johns over on Splitcoast that shows you how to create the base piece which I used. She continues to stamp into the "heated" embossing powder, I've let the piece cool and run it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!!!!!

Hope you have a Marvelous Monday!!! Thanks for dropping by to visit.
Joan

4 comments:

Stef H said...

oh this is fabulous! that foil look is stunning.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Joan, this card is simply fabulous!

Cheryl said...

Very cool! I am going to have to look up that technique. It looks great.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW - that faux metal looks awesome!! Fabulous card!!