Monday, February 1, 2010

Bold and an old Revision

Saturday's Inspiration Challenge was from a website that had purses - Espe - and Oh my word I love purses. I believe it has become my "midlife" obsession. The one I chose for my card is at the left - My card turned out NOTHING like I would have
wanted, but close. I've included a couple of other challenges with this card too....

Thursday's Ways to Use It Challenge was to add some textile to the card and over at Saturday Spotlight the challenge was to add something bigger than you usually use. I have a very hard time with these big Pretties flowers so thought it would become my challenge. I used a dauber with Gable Green so it
matched the one on the purse. I then layered some felt flowers which I keep forgetting to use.
To Centre it all off I added a rhinestone brad in the middle - can you tell??? :) WOW!

Next, I've started to think about cards for March's Technique Tuesday Workshop. I came across a card which I did at an Extravaganza a couple of years ago and I liked the layout. I don't have either of the stamp sets, and the colours were old "In Colours".....so I revised it into the card you see at the left - I used "Special Blessings" and "Three Little Words" I had to play around with the colours a bit because I knew I HAD to use
Cameo Coral.....I ended up with a whole bunch of packages and can't remember why.

The technique I used was Rock and Roll which you can find here through a tutorial by Beate Johns.

The body of the card is 4.25 X 11". It's scored at 5.5 and 2.75''. Only half of the bird layer is attached to the body of the card. The Scallop section is put on with a dimensional and then the frame is tucked underneath at the corner to keep the card closed.

Well, I'd better get to bed - gotta teach tomorrow. It's also my birthday and we just never know what the staff may have in store - so I'd better be rested and prepared. It's a short week too because Teacher's Convention is Thursday and Friday - Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks for Dropping by -

3 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

You've been busy! Love the cards, Joan! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Several really gorgeous creations here!! :) I love your big flower card!! So perfect for the challenge this week at Saturday Spotlight!! Thanks for joining along with us!! HUGS

Maria Matter said...

these are all great Joan!

I love your flower card with that gorgeous big bloom! I'm glad you had a chance to play with us at Sat. Spotlight Joan!!!

these all have lovely details added, great job!
blessings Maria