Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Patchwork and Simplicity

Wow, I was able to hit two challenges yesterday after school....

The first was the technique challenge which was to use the Patchwork Paper technique. I had spotted it on someone's work a little while ago and wanted to give it a try. I'm glad I was able to wait and find out yesterday morning that it was a challenge!!!! I think I'm going to use this for my February technique workshop. I used the Rich Razzleberry Paper - which I'm going to have to corder more of because I've used it so much!

The second card is for the Clean and Simple Challenge which was to create a Valentines Card. This gave me the opportunity to use my new "I {Heart} Hearts" stamp from the New Mini - which goes into effect TODAY!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I had fun creating this card because I haven't done the masking technique in a long time. Also I combined a whole whack of glitter colours together for the border. I stamped the "friends" heart on white paper and then punched it out with the heart punch. This created a nice white border around the edge which I covered with Tombow Glue and then added my mixture of Rose Pink Cosmo glitter, Silver Galaxy Glitter, Pink Supernova glitter AND Dazzling Diamonds. I was "introduced" to mixing glitter colours at the last SU Regional that was held in Edmonton. Something soooooo simple - but rarely considered. It's good to be reminded about things from time to time.

I hope you're having a wonderful day - It was great to see all the kids at school yesterday. A few looked very tired, but for the most part I think everyone was ready to get back into the swing of things.
Thanks for stopping by! -

1 comment:

Beth said...

I really like that patchwork technique with the razzleberry lemonade paper! I must try that technique soon. Love your lots of hearts card also, great masking and colours ! TFS :)