Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Adventures and Chocolate.....

Well, let me tell ya......yesterday afternoon was pretty busy.

First, I got the news that I've been invited to join the design team for Sugar Creek Hollow - a brand new digital stamp company which will be opening it's "doors" on March 1st. Click on the badge at the right for the link. I'm really excited about this because it's a whole new avenue to go down. I'm also excited about being part of a team of women of faith!

Next on the agenda was to make a card from various challenges. I don't think this was exactly what I was expecting with this card. I had some of these bunnies stamped in Chocolate Chip and decided since it was one of today's colours for the Challenge, I would use one of them. ( The other colours are Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink). Well, he changed from being a flat chocolate "chip" bunny to becoming a "crafty" glazed chocolate bunny. Once he was embossed I wondered what these hearts would look like - and vwala (how do you spell that???)

I used the sketch from over at Paper Works Co. - (PWCOSS#15). I liked using the ovals and Circles. Anyway - it became a wee bit "fancier" than I expected but I like it. I noticed that the gel pen spots I added around the oval soaked into the cardstock because of the fibers being roughened up by the sponge dauber. It's all okay - melted chocolate is just a good.

The weather has been wonderful here too - melting snow - not chocolate. Hope your day is filled with warmth and excitement! Our school gets to see the Olympic Flame today as it passes through town - talk about exciting!!!!

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

Joseline said...

Your bunny looks like a real chocolate bunny you buy for Easter!! I clicked on the picture to enlarge it and still looks the same! Now I gotta go find some chocolate to eat!

Tracy Vinson said...

Joan....this is so lovely. I love the vintage feel it has.

Donna Moore said...

Lovely card, I do love these colors!! Looks yummy!!