Wednesday, January 13, 2010

More Pretty Chocolate Razzleberries.....

I must not be eating enough chocolate lately!!!!! And well, "raspberries" are my most favorite fruit....so I've got more cards with Tuesday's Colour Challenge.

On my first card I've used my first images from Sugar Creek Hollow. I just love the scroll work around the heart. My camera decided not to feature the words - their clear in person. I added a range of big and tiny bling and the outside of the heart just called for Dazzling Diamonds on this card. I used Rich Razzleberry and Pretty in Pink around the edges of the scallop. I was going to add a bow, but decided that the simplicity of the bling was enough.

When you get a chance you should pop over to the Sugar Creek Hollow and sign up as a follower so that you don't miss out on the Grand Opening and an opportunity to win a $50 gift certificate at the store. Wooo Hooo!!!!

The image on the second card comes from Delightful Inspiration - It's the second week of a
challenge where you get a free digital image each week by creating a card with the image from the site. I love almost anything served hot in a cup....coffee, tea, chocolate. I went a bit overboard with this card though. I paper pieced the cup, part of the saucer, and the little hearts on the saucer. Then I rolled up some chocolate chip paper, made a little slit in the image and stuck in the two "cinnamon sticks". Next, since I recently found some old liquid applique - I just HAD to make the whip cream look good enough to stick your finger in!!!!!

So, with all that done - I'm heading to bed. It was a long afternoon taking 300 kids to watch the Olympic torch pass through our city. They were excited though and showed good Olympic spirit. Also...I'm still on my roll of getting up early in the morning to do my Wii fit, stamping and posting each day - on top of working. I can TRULY say that my prayers are being answered....I pray that your days, too, are blessed with creativity, patience, endurance, and peace.

Thanks for stopping by,

4 comments:

Faith S. said...

Joan, your card is AMAZING!! I love the paper piecing and the liquid applique!! The first card is so pretty and elegant! That's so neat that you got to see the Olympic torch!

Beth said...

The colours of these 2 cards are yummy and I like that puffy whipped cream you created on the
2nd card! Glad to enjoyed the Olympic torch relay too!!!

ellepaulette said...

Oooooh! I love both cards! They are so pretty and happy looking!

:)

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe! You did an awesome job on both cards!! Love the liquid applique too!! ~Heidi