Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Explore

I worked on this page Monday night because I wanted to have something new to post Tuesday - (I'm scheduling this to come on line at 1:00am)....I may not have time later to stamp.

Anyway, this sketch is from SCS Friday Scrapbook Sketch Challenge. I haven't done many of them, but have decided that I want to try so I can get more of my kids' pages done. With their ages at 21 and 18.......I have a lot of old work to do. However, I have a bit more time to do it in, so I guess that evens it out. I didn't keep the photos the way they are in the sketch.
I used an old Simply Scrappin' Kit....I've bought whatever ones were available for boys and girls in anticipation of using them
for Grant and Allison's books. I cut letters from different dies for the Big Shot and placed them on die-cut stickers that came with the kit.

I MAY be able to do Tuesday's colour challenge after school, but we have tickets to see "Fiddler on the Roof" in Edmonton. I CAN'T wait. I saw it live when I was in my teens and living in Chicago. I had the privilege of having a FANTASTIC music teacher in Jr. High, who taught us the songs and then took us on a field trip to see it. (The other production she took us to was Godspell) My father also took me to see it, so the music is ingrained in me. Topol was scheduled to play Tevye, however he did something to his shoulder and is no longer in this run. It would have been his final performances. That would have been toooooo cool! The replacement has played the part over 200 times, so I guess he'll probably be okay. :)

I hope you have something to look forward to in your day, no matter where you are. Remember to stop to notice the beauty around you and thanks for taking a bit of time to stop by for a visit.

No comments: