Monday, January 11, 2010

Duel Inspiration

I really enjoyed the work from Saturday's Inspiration Challenge website - Groovy Inclination. This tree caught my eye and I thought I could do something similar with the "Thoughts and Prayers" tree. I stamped the tree in Certainly Celery and then went through and re-coloured all of the leaves black. I then spritzed the background with black, added some gray chalk and drew on some lines. I didn't like how dull it ended up looking, so I took the chalk eraser and took the chalk off of the tree itself and away from the edges. I was inspired by Tamara Bertram, Saturday at the Extravaganza I was at, by how she added ribbon to some of her cards. She uses the Double Rectangle punch and then feeds the ribbon through. I decided to add a button to the centre. Quick and Neat!!!















The second piece of art at Groovy Inclination that caught my eye was a number of cool looking birds...like this little dude. I like all the circles on his body. So.....I decided to try making my giraffe look like an actual giraffe this time (see previous posts about the Ogopogo) and looked for DSP with circles on it too. I created the Dustry Durango piece by using the Circle Circus set. This sketch is from Prairie Fairy Fridays Challenge blog. I like all the circles on the sketch and it fit right in with the inspiration.
It's the beginning of a new week - the Olympic Torch comes through the Fort this week and we're taking the entire school to the route. I hope that something exciting happens in your world this week too.
Thanks for stopping by -

3 comments:

groovyinclinations said...

Wow! Exceptional designs you have! I love how these images inspired you! Fabulous ;) Have a great, creative day and thank you for the honor!

Deb Neerman said...

These are fantastic, Joan! Love how you used the inspiration pieces and created such beautiful projects!

Andrea, said...

Oh these are all beautiful Joan, I love the tree image