Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coming Up Hearts......

Here are two more projects from the Extravaganza I was at this past weekend. I finally got to do a shutter card. I saw this as a SCS challenge quite a few months ago; folded the cardstock, but never got to finish the card. It looks so intricate, but it really is rather simple. And, I am TOTALLY sold on the bird punch now. I've seen people working with it, but now that I got to play with the punch.....it's super.

The main project we worked on in the afternoon was creating 30 different 3x3 Valentine notes from the "Love Sparkles" Simply Scrappin' Kit.
Tamye and Lori got the idea from CraftyPerson
Production. All the directions were easy to follow. I've gone to Debbie's website and she has a lot to offer so check it out.

Funny how we so easily move from Christmas to snowflake to heart motifs in our creations......WooHoo!!!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Thanks for stoppin' on by!!

5 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Your shutter card is just wonderful and look at all those valentine cards!!!! My goodness - you have been busy!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I wanted to welcome you to the Sugar Creek Design team and I look forward to creating with you!
I love this card too, I need to learn how to make one like this! I love it!

Joseline said...

Hi Joan! Welcome to Sugar Creek Hollow! Can't wait to know more about you. Your cards are very pretty.

I love the shutter card. I have to give this a try. It's been on my To Try List far too long.

Tracy Vinson said...

lovely card Joan and I truly love the cleaness of this design. Welcome to Sugar Creek Hollow...it is going to be great to have you on our team!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Joan, your Tri-Shutter card is fantastic! Love the DP you used too.

I haven't even used my bird punch yet but I love it. And the l'il bird you created with your punch is just adorable!