Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bermuda Celery Hunter

I finally got around to opening up my package of Pendant Notes - Took a little while for me to figure out what I wanted to do, but I'm please with the result and think I'll use it as one of my cards for next month's technique workshop. I used sticky strip along the top to adhere the microbeads (haven't used them in ages) and although you can't see it in the photo, I used Crystal Effects on the flower to add microbeads to the centre.

This week's colour challenge on Splitcoast is behind the name of today's post. It sounded cute.....hunting for celery. Anyway - I like these
colours together - Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery and Handsome Hunter. The "dessert" of the challenge was to add a bit of pink to the card without using cardstock. I did include the cardstock, but added the pink brad for the flower centre. This card also follows a sketch challenge from a couple of weeks ago.

School has only been in session for two days, but I have still managed to create and post cards, do my Wii-fit routine (and play with the darling daughter), and enjoy my school classes. Bring it on 2010 - we're on a roll.

Hope you too are having a great week -

3 comments:

Deb said...

Love these cards!!!! The microbeads look so elegant. Love the blue flower too, soft and pretty.

Corie said...

Love both of these!!

Andrea, said...

Oh these are both so pretty, I love the flower on the 1st card and the bird image on the 2nd is gorgeous