Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Venetian Expressions


Good Morning:
I know that I won't get a chance to stamp today - it's a full school day and we have to be at the airport to pick up Allison at 5:00. So....

Here is another of the cards I created for the Mini VSN a couple of weekends ago. The theme was the Venetian in Las Vegas. Venice made me think of Vivaldi (being the elementary music teacher that I am...) and Vivaldi made me think of violins...so out came this stamp. The colours were taken from the scheme at the Venetian, but I'm not that happy with my burgundy violin. It looks more pink. Sometimes the things we have in out heads don't get down on paper!

I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by. JOAN

11 comments:

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Joan.

hugs Riet.x

Beth said...

Love the gold embossing on this and the pretty colours. Very rich looking card :-)

Stef H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! It really hits a high note (no pun intended. OK. pun intended) It's still gorgeous!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I think the colours are so pretty Joan and love the gold embossing, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tammi said...

I like the colors and the embossing makes it so elegant...beautiful card!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Joan!
I love the gold embossing! Gives it an elegant touch!
Blessings, Maria

Silke Ledlow said...

Joan - I've been eyeing this awesome image for a while now and here you are creating a gorgeous card with it :)!!! Love the gold embossing and your coloring!!!
I think you jsut enabled be to put this Set on my next order :)!!!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so beautiful Joan, a lovely image and the gold embossing looks fab

Michele Kovack said...

This is really beautiful!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OH WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the violin and the color, just gives it more character! Love you embossing!
Beautiful card!
hugz
deb

dpkennedy said...

Just beautiful! Love the gold embossing!