Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ribbon Flowers

Good Morning - Yipee it's Wednesday!

Last week on someone's blog, and I'm sorry I don't remember whose, there was a challenge to do something with ribbon. I knew right away that I wanted to do a flower similar to a card we did at Regionals in the fall. That card had a single flower and I thought I'd try for more.

I used the snowflake from Best Wishes and More on the backside of the cardstock as a guide for punching holes for the ribbon to go through. It reminded me of the sewing cards from Playschool back in my day.
The stems are from Playful Petals, which I stamped in Rose Red ink and coloured in with Mellow Moss (although it's hard to tell)
The greeting is from Oval All which is in the new Occasions Mini coming up April 1; and uses the Scallop Oval Punch.

Today is laundry day for the Europe bound daughter, excitement is rising!!!!
Hope you have a fantastic day - thanks for dropping by - JOAN

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,what a fabulous idea using the ribbon to make flowers.I love it!!!
xx

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, Joan!!! Those flowers are just gorgeous!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty Joan what a fabulous idea with the ribbon flowers. have a great day

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Joan,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Elena said...

This card is a real piece of an art! Ribbon flowers are absolutely beautiful!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Wow, this is fabulous Joan and such a clever idea, the ribbons looks so pretty, Hugs, Nikki x

Alex said...

WOW!! This is beautiful Joan, I love those flowers! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Beth said...

This is a gorgeous card Joan! I love how you created the flowers with the ribbons! Thank you for the beautiful Welcome RAK I received this morning! I know I'm going to enjoy RAKing :)
Beth

Maria Matter said...

Joan, these ribbon flowers are fabulous! Beautiful card!
Blessings, Maria

dpkennedy said...

This is beautiful Joan! Love the colors and awesome flowers!

Unknown said...

how pretty, great job.