Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dazzling to Plain

Wow, I must have used too much glitter these past few days (for me at least - as is evident by the slight dazzle to my stamping room rug)....I've gone from glitter to no dazzle at all today.
The first card is for yesterday's Colour Challenge - which I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle - Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue and Garden Green - made me think of school colours for some reason. But I came up with the pumpkin flowers and just a wee bit of the blue. The tops of the flowers do have Dazzling Diamonds on them.

The second card is for today's Sketch Challenge, and also for the Colour Throw Down which is Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss and Baja Breeze. I couldn't find any of my SU stamps that peaked my interest for this sketch, or the colours (hmmmm does that mean I need more stamp sets??? - geeee) So, I went into my draw and found my Stamping Bellas. Don't really know about the lack of dazzle - this card is certainly missing
something to my mind - but I think I'm just too tired.

I've THOROUGHLY enjoyed being back at school this week - three months away is like 1.5 summers!!! I had physio on Monday and today, plus being on my feet in the music room has just caused a lot of pain and exhaustion for my knees - but I'm happy and glad to be back with the kids - so I'll just suck it up and know it will pass.

Thanks for stopping by - Happy Stamping - JOAN

7 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

I think both cards are wonderful! You're very brave to have tackled that SCS Color Challenge! And the Throwdown card is so cute! I like your layout! (Just ordered my first Bella's a few days ago, and can't wait to get them and play!) Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

dpkennedy said...

The orange flowers are gorgeous Joan! It's a very pretty card. I don't think the Bella card is missing anything...it's wonderful!

Barbara said...

You did a great job on the SCS color challenge--it was a hard one, LOL. And your Throwdown card is perfect! Sometimes simple is best. Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Michelle L. said...

fabulous cards! I love the orange daisies.

Alex said...

I love both cards Joan - but that first one really catches my eye because oranges and shades thereof are my fave!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee said...

Both of these are so pretty!!! But I ADORE the glitzy one!!! The sponging is such a soft effect!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful cards!!!!!the inspired by nature card is to die for !!!!tfs:)
chat