Monday, October 27, 2008

Flower Power

Good Monday Morning:
Here are some of the cards I created on Saturday. I took out my "Flower Power Card Elements" Kit that I had purchased a while ago - Dutifully I created the three cards that were designed for the kit. Then I decided to use the rest of the materials to make original creations. However, I decided that for each coloured card base, I would have to limit myself to the adhesive die cuts that were used for the original card.

So, here are the other two cards that I created using the Old Olive base. And....wait for it....I finally completed some challenges with these cards. I haven't done a challenge in soooooooo long!!!!!

The Celebrate card is the Sketch Challenge from October 22. It also incorporates the Ways to Use It Challenge by having only one word on the card. I used
my Big Shot and the Naturally Serif die to get the letters for the word.

The Thank You card is the Sketch Challenge from September 16. I liked how I could split up the different pieces of designer paper to make the various sections.

I'll get into the stamping room this afternoon to finish up some more. I had a pretty good weekend.....had a visit from the girls from work - Including Amy! It was good to sit and chat. My daughter and I went to a purse party yesterday, had a great time and spent too much money. But
my husband did tell us to buy something ( I believe his exact words to Allison were "make sure Mom buys a purse") and to have fun. So - we did!

I hope you are all having a wonderful beginning to the final week of October. Happy Stampin' JOAN

3 comments:

Nardi said...

I love it when my husband gives me those kind of instructions too!! Glad you had fun.

Love what you have done with the cards too. TFS!

Also glad to hear you are feeling better.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Joan, love all the beautiful colours you hav eused. Hugs Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Love the cards Joan. So bright and cheery!