Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Challenging Colour Challenge

Okay....so I get a new stamp set in the mail this afternoon, and am excited about using it...especially since it's die-cut!!!! And what colours do I have for the challenge today???? Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Real Red.
Honestly, I have seen some fantastic cards with these colours, but I didn't know how I was going to work it....I'm actually sort of pleased with what I ended up with 'cause there isn't too much red.
You can't really tell that the central piece is soft sky. I coloured in the large flowers using the versamark pen.
This is the set featured in the Make the Fresh Cut promotion that Stampin' Up! has on right now. You can click on the link on the sidebar to find out more.

7 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Oh I think it came out just beautiful! I love the tiny red mat showing under the red panel and then picked up again by the three flowers! Beautiful image too!

Alex said...

Oh, it is so gorgeous, you did a fabulous job with the new set!! Can you believe, I have not even inked mine up yet - I know!!! This is stunning, I love it!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the colours are fantastic and I love your new stamps. Have a good day

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is stunning Joan and I just love this colour combination. Hugs, Nikki x

Antje said...

Very nice set, you used it already very well!!

Lee said...

Joan!!! This is spectacular!!! I LOVE how you used just a pop of red in the flowers! That is a beautiful image....and a very pretty layout!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fantastic!!! Love these colors, too!