Thursday, April 10, 2008

Marker Techniques 11 & 12

Marker Technique #11 is Thumping It just so happens that it was the Wednesday Tutorial that Beate did on Splitcoast this week. So, for MUCH better instructions (and step by step pictures to go along....click here.

Beate used a more delicate stamp than my ginormaous flowers and the effect is wonderful.

Click here to see the Splitcoast gallery that shows cards using this technique. There aren't a lot, but they are varied. There's actually a really cool card with the alligator from "Wild About You" that also uses the two-toned marker technique like I used for Technique #5.


Are you one of those people who loves everything to match on your projects.....but you're sometimes disappointed because you want to put ribbon on your card but you can't find any that matches perfectly...Have no fear....use the brush tip of your marker to "dye" white ribbon. This works perfectly on both the grosgrain and the taffeta ribbons. You can colour the ribbon as light or
dark as you like to get the effect you want. I've ended up doing this a couple of times now.

I'm still working on some of the Splitcoast challenges for this week. The colour challenge is truely a challenge for me - Glorious Green, Real Red and Night of Navy. I'm challenged, but here are some absolutely FANASTIC cards using these three colours.

I'm hoping I'll get something finished on the weekend to post....Amy & I have two workshops this weekend and a Diva Day Saturday morning with our awesome Edmonton Team. Even if I don't get the challenges posted, I will continue to post the marker techniques each day.

Happy Stampin' - Joan

8 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Joan and Amy,

I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Its always nice meeting a new cyberspace crafter! Your ribbon tip is awesome. I forget about that - too many things to remember :)

Andrea, said...

Great ideas, I love the flower stamp you have used and a great tip for ribbon

M@risk@ said...

Nice stuff, Tfs and the inspiration.

Alex said...

Beautiful Joan - I need to try this technique!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Diane.W. said...

Really like the Thumping card :o)x

Anonymous said...

Great techniques! I've had my SU markers for years - I think they're the original ones. It's always great to find new ways to use old tools.

My Paper World said...

Great cards! and thanks so much for the tip about the ribbon!
Nicola xx

betty said...

Beautiful flowers an nice techniques!
Thank you for showing this .. and thank you for visiting my blog :)