Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Happy Stampin' Day...

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail when I got home.....this fabulous card made by Danielle Kennedy at Wild Dragonfly Designs. I had commented a while ago on a wonderfully cute frog image she used on one of her cards she had posted on her blog. She then offered to send me some stamped images and they arrived in the mail today along with this card. I honestly don't know which to exclaim with excitement about first....So.... First: I love this card, the colours are so funky and so are the flowers. It's a perfect spring card in a city whose snow has finally stopped after two days. It really brightened my day.

Second...If you know me, you'll know that I'm telling the truth when I say that I squealed with delight when I saw the frog images Danielle sent. ( I have yet to grow up despite my age, much to the embarassment of my daughter and probably some of my friends.) There are four different poses and they're all great. I'm afraid to use them 'cause I don't want to muss them up....but I will use them....just wait and see!!!!!


Allison had a snow day today so the dear girl did her laundry, cleaned her room, and started packing to go to Disneyland, Therefore, I was able to stamp this evening. (A Happy Mom is a Happy House). This card is the combination of today's colour challenge (Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, and Certainly Celery, last weeks "Ways to Use It" challenge where you had to add something acrylic on your card, and it's sort of, kind of, Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge.

I stamped the square button using Staz-On Ink and I separated the words on the stamp by covering up each line I didn't want inked with tape.

Colour Challenge Gallery
Acrylic Gallery
Beate's Weekend Sketch

I've got to look up some airline information and then I'm heading back (hopefully) to my stampin' room.
Happy Stampin' - Joan

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

What a fabulous RAK you received today!! I love happy mail days too!

Your card for the challenges is gorgeous!!! Love the images and layout!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

You lucky girl! so glad you got some froggies to play with...and I totally know what you mean about messing up prestamped images...I have a huge fear too!

Your card today is beautiful! Love the colours and a fantastic combination of stamps!

Lee said...

Wow!! That card sure is bright and cheery!!! How fun is that!! And your multi challenge card is just beautiful!! I love the sponging and the stamping on the square button is sooooo awesome!!

Andrea, said...

2 fab cards, the RAK card you received is beautiful, wonderful colours and the little birdies on your card are so cute

Heather said...

Very pretty cards!

In our house too- happy mom means happy house!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are very BEAUTIFUL!!!

xxxMarieke

Alex said...

Awesome RAK to receive, that card is great! I love happy mail!

Your card is FABULOUS - I totally love the colors and what you did with that button! I need to use mine!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

dpkennedy said...

Thanks Joan! I am so glad you liked it! I couldn't decide on the frog images so I just sent one of each! I love that you squealed...I would have too...I love getting RAKs. I just joined and received my first two. My dh thinks I'm silly, but if I'm happy, he's happy, so ikwym sister! The kids are another story ;-)

Great little birdie card! I love the stamped button and the two panels each with a bird image. It's so cute!

Have fun with your frogs...I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful RAk!
Your card turned out gorgeous. Love how you combined the images and the colors you used.
Hugs and smiles

Nikki Fairbairn said...

A great mail day for you and your card is just so beautiful Joan, I love the colours and the cute stamps. Nikki x

Jamie Martin said...

Wonderful card and way to go getting all of those challenges into one card :)

Amy said...

Hey Joan - I love this card! I am so wishing I had bought the little birdie too!