Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two Challenge Cards....

Here is my entry for yesterdays colour challenge. The colours were Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate and Going Grey. I found it a bit difficult to find a stamp set that I could work with these colours. But the little elephants are okay....for the "one of a kind" I used the Faux Cloisnne' technique again from Monday. I don't have the pomegranate ink, so I used Sweet Shapes and versa mark to create the background. If you'd like to see some absolutely fantastic and elegant cards with this colour combination....check out the gallery here.





The thumbnail shows today's sketch challenge. It was requested that the circular area stay an actual circle if possible so that it was different from a previous challenge....of course you can deviate from the sketch if you have limited supplies....that's what's part of the fun. Anyway, I don't have a Coluzzle cutting system yet, but I found a piece of chipboard from the "On Board Lots of Letters that went beyond the borders of the scallop punch. The centre of the "flower" is a Build a Brad with Soft Sky paper.


I want to thank those of you who congratulated my handchime group.....to top things off we have now been asked to perform at the "Gala Festival Concert" on Sunday afternoon. Just when you think the nerves can take a rest....It would be nice to have had Festival any time other than when report cards are due, but what do ya do.....keep slogging away, one day at a time. And praying doesn't hurt either!!!!! Thanks, Joan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great challenge cards, Joan! I am so behind. I still have to do all challenges for this week!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Love the way you did the sentiment on the first...way cool with the two punches, an the DP is perfect for the 2 panels!

Karen said...

Great challenge cards! I especially like the sketch challenge one. It's so serene.